Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

New Year's Eve hug with my friend Tim
John 13:34 "I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another."

Well, friends, it is Valentine's Day, and I would like to write you a love letter. In his Ash Wednesday sermon, my pastor shared one Lenten discipline of "set[ting] aside a regular time each day to express gratitude to God for five blessings." I like that idea and will modify that for my letter here.

Dear beloved friends,

You are a blessing to me and I am grateful for you. All of you - from all parts of my life.

You are unique and wonderful. Every one of you is a gift to the world with your different talents, insights and passions.

You make me laugh. Sometimes you make me laugh hysterically and I can't even speak. This is my favorite abs workout.

You have been there for me - with your encouragement, your acceptance, your hugs, and your killer dance moves.

You inspire me. You make me want to ride my bike faster, work harder, and live more fully. You inspire me to change the world to make it a better place.

You are generous - with your love, your smiles, and your dedication to a variety of causes and charities.

Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for being you. You are loved.

Happy Valentine's Day,

Love,
Laura

God of love, Watch over my friends and all the world. Help all of us to know we are loved with your extravagant and reckless love. Inspire us to share our love with each other. Thanks, and Amen.





2 comments: